Our summer road trip lead us to Chicago - Mount Prospect to visit Auntie Amy & Steve. We would visit Shedd's Aquarium all the fish Avery would ever dream of seeing, dancing dolphins & penguins that go "flap,flap,flap." The following day would be the Brookfield Zoo- extremely huge, just too big, but with great animals to see. She loved the bears, hippos, elephant, giraffes, & when she whistled the rhino came closer. But, of course her favorite thing at the zoo had nothing to do with a "live" animal, it was the animals on the carousel- it was such a favorite that I would ride, Auntie would ride & Daddy would ride, she just couldn't get enough. Amazing pictures are sure to follow as we had a professional w/ us to take all the pictures. That was my favorite part of the trip & a nice change not having to lug around a camera.
It was a busy trip, partially my fault wanting to do everything knowing we won't be traveling that far again any time soon. I did make yet another request to Amy, not that they had to move all the way home - just north of Milwaukee, I'm just not a huge fan of traveling 9 miles in an hour and a half. We clearly are not city folk, it was great to visit my sister - but there is no place like home & I'm sure she'd agree.
2 comments:
9 miles in an hour and a half = quality family time in my book:)
oh yeah, and I do agree! There's no place like home:) Can't wait for this weekend!
Post a Comment