Thursday, January 6, 2011

Baa Hum BUG!

We'll its been a rough Christmas season.  I came down w/ a sore throat the Friday before Christmas.  It lasted the entire weekend, finally when I said if its not better by morning I'm going in - I started to feel better.  Then Tuesday morning it struck Avery.... oh no, it is terrible when your child is sick especially when you know just how bad it is & there is nothing you can do for her.  I brought her in to the doctors just to be sure it wasn't strep, thankfully it wasn't - just a virus that would have to run its course, which meant it would take awhile to go away & there was nothing they could do for us.  So we had a sick little girl, she would feel a little better by Christmas Eve long enough to go to church and Aunt Sandy's.  Christmas morning she would wake up again feeling terrible, but she put on a happy face & tried to be excited for what Santa had brought her.  This morning her nose finally stuffed up, hopefully this is almost the end of this cold.  I need this bug out of my house, and my Avery back to normal.

Christmas was busy.  Avery got far too many toys, that we have lost site of her bedroom floor.  Thankfully Bennett received a lot of cash instead of toys - since we already have Avery's baby toys, which are all almost brand new.

I spoke too soon, I began this post on December 27th much has changed since then.  Tuesday Avery was still sick now with a fever.  She would go to the doctors on Wednesday & she has a slight ear infection.  Poor thing has been sick for over two weeks.

On the other side of things my Christmas Mircle came on the 27th Bennett slept from 11pm to 6am. he would continue the next few nights 11-4 which is still great.  Then it hit, baa hum bug he is not sick just stuffy at night time.  He is happy as can be during the day, but at night he just can't breathe well - So I've been sleeping sitting up holding him.  While Nick has been sleeping in Avery's room helping her during the night.  Not much sleeping has been taking place for the last two nights, praying for the weekend.

No comments: