Nick and I celebrated our fifth wedding anniversary on Friday. It actually even landed on the same day of the week that we were married. So five years ago today, I was enjoying the warm tropical breezes of Hawaii. Fast forward to now and I was enjoying the cool breezes of N. Grosse Pt Shores. I had two great anniversary surprises, my baby girl came to see me at work with grandma and they had picked me up a rose. (later to find out, they were out on a mission picking up a cake for dinner) Then, as I visited with Avery, the flower delivery man showed up with flowers from Nick. My lucky day!
Later that night I would tell Nick, "Five years ago, we were just ordinary people, who decided to become an extraordinary couple," he laughed and asked where did I come up with that. I laughed because I heard it on grey's anatomy the night before. Things have definitely changed in the last year for us, with the addition of Avery. But the humor will always remain. As Nick always reminds me he provides the entertainment around here.
No comments:
Post a Comment