Monday, January 26, 2009

I knew this day would come....

I remember Chrissy telling me a story from when Noah was a baby - & he's almost 3, it stuck w/ me because I knew it would probably happen in my future. When? Well the moment finally came. Last night Nick would go into the bathroom Avery would follow, she decided it was time for her bath. She would stand at the tub & shout out as the tub filled, then leave only to come back again. I was in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner, when Nick yelled my name - What? was my response then followed a quick "help" I hurried into the bathroom & I found exactly what I knew one day I would see, Avery sitting in her tub............................. ...pooping! I couldn't help but laugh as Nick gagged. Oh what a moment. I picked her out of her tub, so "it" could be removed. She stood inside the tub clinging to my arms as Nick flushed "it". I realized Avery's clinging to my arms had a 2nd meaning - she was still pooping. So mom had to remove the remaining "it" soon enough her tub was being refilled and all the remnants of "it" were gone, but the memories of this moment...........will last a lifetime.

2 comments:

Jill Marie said...

I love reading your adventures with Avery...they make me smile and remember the things that Trevor and Sophie used to do!
Dooo-doo was always good for excitement!

Keep up the fun!

Rebecca said...

That's funny. Matthew did the same thing but both boys were in the tub and I inspected it before realizing what it was.
She is at such a fun age right now, everything is so new and exciting to her. Makes you realize how much we take for granted everyday.