Saturday, March 7, 2009

Worst Week Ever...

I think this past week could have been spotlighted on VH1's worst week ever. A week that I had so much planned for was turned upside down, inside out, twisted round and round, & then repeated all over again. Avery's actual day of birth was far from what I had planned. I had switched my day off so we could play, go outside, go up, & down the stairs - all her favorite things. Instead I clean vomit off the floor & myself for a good portion of the day. The rest she sleep through - the poor dear, not such a great birthday. Later she would seem to be do better eating a cracker playing a little, but by that time she was ready for bed. I then sat back to watch the season finale of the Bachelor - that sucked me in for a few hours, but I was a little disappointed in that outcome.
Time for bed... Avery woke @ 1:20 I got her back to bed & prayed to let her sleep for at least 3 hours. I went back to sleep only to awake less than an hour later, I heard Macy half way growling, I tried to ignore, then heard a man yelling. I glanced at the clock it was after 2 & figured it was someone wandering the streets. The yells continued I looked out the window to see, I thought I saw a glow from the street so I went downstairs, meanwhile my husband still in a sleep coma tried to fully awake. I went to the laundry room window & my suspicions were true the neighbors house was on fire, I realized the yelling wasn't "hey" but "HELP!" I ran to call 911. I would also call my parents which turned out to be a god sent. I would look out the window again the fire department arrived, I would also see what I thought was a fireman at the back of the house. We then saw my dad coming through the alley, shine his flashlight at the "fireman" and run toward him. Nick hurried to help it was the neighbor he must have jumped out of the window. Scary sequence of events they would help get him to the ambulance & Nick would return to the house. I stayed downstairs for awhile, but went upstairs simply to lay down. Avery would wake up around 4, I took her downstairs to change her & saw that we were surrounded by water! We were flooding. So evacuation began... Nick brought to Avery to my parents as I packed her things that we were sure to need. Nick & my dad would shovel to try to divert the water the best they could there was just too much.
Nick would return around 8 to check out the damage. Our sub pump was working overtime as the water continued to bumble through the floor. The yard hard about 1 foot of water now ice in it. And the crawl space had about 6 inches of standing water, and we had no way to get it out. All this stinking water surrounding our house meant we would not be returning tonite.
Avery seemed to be doing better, she went for a nap around 3. I went & laid down w/ her figured I could try to catch up on lost sleep. We would wake an hour later, Avery happy as can be - me on the other hand I had caught the "bug" & was I sick! Lucky for me we were still @ Grandma's extra hands to care for Avery.
Wednesday wasn't much better, I could function but I wouldn't say I was doing it quite well. Avery still seem ok, not terrific but ok. Ok would turn back to sick early evening when Nick came by. She started vomiting all over again. She would go back to sleep. Avery woke up around 12:30 & still couldn't keep anything down so my mom & I brought her to the e.r. not wanting her to get dehydrated. We would leave there around 2:30 they were able to give her something to stop the vomiting & I was told to keep her off milk for a week. The virus she had reacted bad w/ milk, so that was the culprit of the "bug" reappearing on Wednesday because I had finally giving her milk again that morning. Anyways I was tired and ready to get Avery back to bed so we arrived at my parents & my mom said "I think I'm getting sick," & the "bug" got to her too. She suggested maybe we should go home just in case, she didn't want Avery to be around the "bug" if she was recovering. So Nick was waiting for us as we made our way through our ice rink of a yard. The house was smelling better, a can of Lysol goes a long way.
Thursday was a better day for Avery, I still felt like I was ran over. My dad would bring macy home & later that afternoon she too would throw up, - Come on! It would take until about 9 that night suddenly I had a ounce of energy. So I did the dishes. My mom would call over & let us know the "bug" had now bite my dad, he was home sick.
So it's exactly a week later and we are "ALL" healthy again! Our house is almost back to normal, most things we'll have to wait for spring anyway. So I enjoyed the time change it sprung us out of the worst week ever 1 hour faster than normal.

No comments: