Wednesday, November 25, 2009

we're going to the zoo, zoo, zoo....



Next to Elmo, animals are Avery's 2nd favorite thing.
So when there is a zoo around we will go.
On our way to the zoo & before we left we told her she would see a bear - 'cause she loves to roar like a bear. Of course the bear was practically hibernating next to the fence, she at least had a view.
Momma also told her she would see a turtle - its a zoo there are always turtles. But what I didn't know was that it was a tortoise a huge tortoise, no longer outside in the exhibit. Then there was hope we entered the barn & behind a moisture filled window was that gigantic tortoise, but you couldn't see it. So I would hear & continue to hear "see the turtle, I'm sorry honey." Which was funny but heartbreaking at the same time.
But what we didn't tell her was that we'd see a giraffe.
& we never thought she'd be able to see it close up & even get to feed it crackers.
"Avery feed the giraffe crackers."

No comments: